The Mastiff of today is a guardian. Not, however, the type of guard dog that patrols the grounds, but the type of guardian that lives with and protects his family.
Indeed, the Mastiff would rather not be left outside all the time. He prefers to be with his people. Though not a high energy dog, he is strong steady presence, calm and easy going. The Mastiff is gentle, even with children pulling on his ears.
Because the Mastiff is very large and heavy, if he accidentally steps on your toe or wags his tail over a fully set coffee table, breakage may occur.
Some Mastiff Facts
- also known as: Old English Mastiff
- weight: 120-230 pounds
- height: 27-30 inches (at shoulder)
- life span: 9-11 years
- short double coat
- coat colors: fawn, apricot, brindle, with dark muzzle, ears and nose
- once I know the rules of the house, I will follow them, in my own good time
- if you want a giddy emoter, get a Bishon Frise. Meanwhile, hold still while I lean on you.
- that's right. I drool. Keep towels handy or I'll be forced to use your lap as a napkin.