Some Great Pyrenees Facts
- lifespan 10-12 years
- height: 25-32 inches at shoulder
- weight: 85-115 pounds
- double dewclaws on hind legs
- double coat in white or white with some markings. The undercoat is dense and wooly, the outer coat is coarse and straight
- recognized by the American Kennel Club in 1933, a member of the Working Group
The Great Pyrenees is often described as majestic. (Strangely, the Fright Wig is rarely mentioned.)
GP's are also described as calm, confident, alert, affectionate, strong willed, gentle with family and animals of the home, suspicious of strangers, fearless and serious.
Great Pyrenees Manifesto
- yes, I do bark a lot. It's because I take my guardian job seriously.
- if you are looking for a dog who loves everything and everybody that wanders by, get a Golden Retriever
- you needn't trouble yourself telling me what to do. I have everything under control. You're welcome.