Ever indomitable, the intelligent, strong, energetic GSD continues to tackle all and sundry responsibilities asked of him.
The list of GSD accomplishments/abilities is long. Here are a few: police dog, therapy dog, search and rescue, narcotics detection, explosive detection, guide dog, war dog, dock diving, lure coursing, show dog, companion, professor of anthropology (just kidding).
GSD are serious dogs, highly motivated for meaningful activity. They are extremely loyal and protective of their families, suspicious of strangers, smart, confident, a bit bossy, not inclined to tolerate clowns.
Some German Shepherd Dog Facts
- also known as: Alsatian, German Shepherd, Shepherd Dog
- life span: 10-12 years
- average age of maturity: 1.5 years
- height at shoulder: 22-26 inches
- weight: 60-95 pounds
- double coat, colors: black and tan, black, white, black and silver, black and cream, black and red
German Shepherd Manifesto
- yes, I shed. Everyday. Deal with it.
- another dog is unnecessary. You have me.
- give me something to do. Otherwise I will find something to do. I'll start with reorganizing the kitchen cupboards, redecorating the bathroom, herding the neighborhood children, disconnecting the cable...