Friday, January 22, 2021

Hazel is a Drama Queen

Hazel got spayed yesterday.  Yes, yes, it's major surgery and all.   She could be heard whining from the lobby of the veterinarian.  She sat stiff and tragic in the car on the drive home. 



They shaved me and put me in a cage.  I threw up on my ears.  



It feels strange when I squat to pee.  I'm glad Lynn washed that smell off my ears.  Why am I so tired?  I didn't get to walk today or play or anything.  Phooey.



Well anyway.  Thanks for taking that cone off my head before the photoshoot.



8 comments:

  1. Oh she looks so sad but then bloodhounds always look quite sad like so many hounds do. I just love her and her sad wittle face.
    cheers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sad look is there even when her tail is wagging! I love her hazel eyes....don't tell her though, she manipulates me enough already. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like she doesn't understand what happened to her or why. And how embarrassing to get her ears icky and stinky. She looks so sad. I know you will gently hug her a lot of extra times until she feels better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't understand why we won't let her play and run. On the one hand, it's nice that she feels well enough to want to play and run, on the other hand, we don't want her busting open her incision. Such exuberance is hard to keep in check. She is taking some meds for sedation which are slowing her down just a bit. It seems to me her eyes look like she's high.

      There is an abundance of gentle hugs. I fear she will be thus spoiled forever. LOL

      Delete
    2. Yes, she will be spoiled forever.

      Delete
  4. A pregnant cat, also known as the 'queen', has to be taken cared of properly, specifically given more focus by the owner. It is important for cat owners to take certain steps to ensure the health and safety of their queens, as that will help them ensure the safety and the health of the babies inside the wombs of their pets. Cat Pregnancy

    ReplyDelete