Saturday, October 27, 2018

Pop Culture Frenzy, Round 72

Welcome once again to Pop Culture Frenzy.  It's that time of year for scary movies.  One of this year's recently released Halloween movies is a remake of Pet Sematary.





Here's the Pet Sematary movie trailer.  Our question.  Why did they do this movie?





 Due to an appalling lack of imagination.



Hostmaster:  correct.




This is reminiscent of that pathetic Psycho remake
twenty years ago.  They practically did the whole movie over frame by frame.
  Bryan is right.  Can't these creative people come up with a new idea?





Wait.  Pet Cemetery?  I don't like the sound of that.





Horror movies are toxic entertainment.





Toxic like Erin Brockovich and Silkwood?





No.  Those are important movies that raise awareness.





I'm aware that I don't know what you guys are talking about.





Molly, it's for the best that you are not a movie buff. 
 Believe me, you wouldn't like the Pet Semetary 
movie regardless of which version. 





OK.  I'll just sit here and think about something else.
  Squirrels maybe...





Horror movies are toxic because they make 
believe fear is fun.  
This encourages violence.





Poppycock.  Scary movies are simply escapism entertainment.
  We don't decide to hurt someone because we're scared
 by ghosts or psycho killers on a movie screen.





Yes we do!
Look at all the violence in the world!





 I got proof that what you say is utter nonsense. 




I don't believe you.




Oh yeah?  Notice that you
 have yet to be harmed.  




You two still living together?





I watched the three Omen movies the other day.  
She freaked out.  You'd think Satan popped 
out of the TV and slipped into her closet. 





Let's pack this round in and go see a movie.  
Jamie Lee Curtis is back in Halloween 
and is hell-bent on killing what's his name.





Round 72
Fluff/Molly      35
Bryan/Cyndi    34





4 comments:

  1. Studio executives are what I like to call 'marketing chimps', and instead of greenlighting something different, they'd rather make another sequel or reboot or whatever.

    You'd think at this point that someone would have just drawn and quartered Michael Myers, sending all of his pieces into the cores of different stars, just to make sure he's dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO NO NO NO NO what a waste.
    Yes to SQUIRRELS ! I love Molly and Bryan.
    I lived in California, A bat shit land of crazy. Ultra liberals telling us all how we should act Thank You Meryl Streep, how would I know how wrong I am as a Deplorable, and then they put out this crap film ?
    Oh Please.

    cheers, parsnip and badger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. If only Molly and Bryan were running things.

      Delete
  3. I don't like horror and violence either. But like Molly, I like squirrels.

    ReplyDelete