Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pop Culture Frenzy, Round 40

Welcome once again to Pop Culture Frenzy.  Here's our question.


 
What do Sandra Day O'Connor, Toni Morrison, Julie Taymor and Miss Piggy have in common?
Bryan?
 
 
 
 
 
They are all progressives?
 
 
 
 
Hostmaster:  incorrect.  Wasn't O'Connor a Reagan appointee to SCOTUS?
 
 
 
 
 
Yes.  While Reagan was a
 conservative,  O'Connor is not. 
 At best, she is a moderate.
 
 
 
Hostmaster:  Cyndi?
 
 
 
 
 
They are all famous ground breaking women.
 
 
 
Hostmaster:  close.
 
 
 
 
 
A pig puppet is a ground breaking woman?
 
 
 
 
 
 
She's, you know,
strong and unafraid to
express her opinion.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Isn't her boyfriend
a whiny henpecked
frog puppet?
 
 
 
 
 
 
Power to the puppet!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Please tell me this list of, um,
 females is not some sort of
feminist cadre.
 
 
 
 
 
Hostmaster:  yes.  They are all recipients of feminist awards.  Most recently, Miss Piggy received the Sackler Center for Feminist Art Award.  
 
 
 
 
 
I guess I just don't
 understand art.
 
 
 
 
 
 
All of them color their hair.
 
 
 
  
 
 
Feminists are catty!
Who would've guessed!
 
 
 
 
 
So ends another round of Pop Culture Frenzy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Round 40
Fluffy/Molly   17
Bryan/Cyndi    16
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I heard that Miss Piggy and Kirmet broke up this year.
    Oh woe oh woe is me, as thehamisj would say.
    I like Molly (Daughter's name) the best she is so cute. but their lead is smaller. Oh no oh no oh woe.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that brief discussion of Miss Piggy. I'm a big fan of the Divine Miss P!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Piggy and Kermit have changed. I like the way they were.

    ReplyDelete