At this festive time of year, let us be alert to everyday dangers!
The following are common poisons that your pet is likely to encounter.
1. Accidental ingestion of medications.
2. Rodenticides (rat poison)
3. Methylanthine toxicity (Chocolate)
4. Plant poisoning
5. Household chemicals
6. Metaldehyde (slug bait)
8. Heavy Metals (lead and zinc coins)
9. Toad poisoning (buffa toad Florida)
11. Walnut poisoning
(List compiled by Veterinary Pet Insurance Co.)
ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center: 1-800-548-2423
For classes and/Pet First Aid booklet visit: AmericanRedCross.org
for further information on general pet care