Friday, November 15, 2019

I Seem to have been Adopted by a Feral Cat

This scrawny orange cat kept appearing on the trail near the clothes line.  It occurred to me that he might help out with the mouse problem.  Mice in the house really bothers me.





To encourage this obviously hungry cat to draw closer, I put a bowl of cat food at the end of the path.  Little by little I moved the bowl closer to the house. 





The cat hangs around more now.  







Haven't seen any mouse turds in the house for some time.









6 comments:

  1. I hope she sticks around especially with all the cold weather coming ! Is there somewhere warm for her to snuggle in ? I am happy she found you. Need to know more about the sweetpea.
    parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seems to be hanging around an area in the front of the house by some shrubs where the snow doesn't usually reach. I've been trying to come up with ideas on ways to add shelter and warmth there. I'll think of something!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. She doesn't let me get too close. Maybe someday.

      Delete
  3. Invisible cat? Hmmm. Mysterious and weird, like all cats! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Cats are weird. I'm new to them, really. One thing is for sure, feral cats are not big on holding still to be photographed.

      Delete