Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Lenten Reflections

We are about half way through Lent.  It is a time to slow down and get closer to God.





We remind ourselves of what is truly important in our lives.  We cut down on or give up things like dessert or the eye candy of the internet to take more time to ponder the sweetness of Jesus.





We strive to be more charitable.  Give to those in need.  Be grateful that we have abundance to share.






We pause more often to pray.  In prayer we grow closer to God, we learn to know Him better and thus love Him better.






Yesterday was the Solemnity of the Annunciation.  We recall when Mary was visited by the archangel Gabriel.  Her response was, "behold the handmaid of the Lord, let it be done to me according to your word."  Mary was willing to do God's will.  It is a good reminder to us that God's plan is always better than ours.





Pray for us O Holy Mother of God that we may be made worthy the promises of Christ.






3 comments:

  1. I have not followed Lent this year as much as other years. That said I have been so under the weather I have not a lot to give up this year.
    Lovely post today.
    Is that my little puff headed duck ! I love him.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sure I would see a post from you on Easter Sunday.
    Hope all is well at the Bad Dog Ranch.
    Happy Easter.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete