Saturday, September 15, 2018

Overly Verdure

The people who lived on this property before we moved here planted many trees and shrubs of various types both deciduous and evergreen.  Bless their hearts.




Trees, give me trees, lots of trees, fence me in with trees..







When placing young plants it is vitally important to consider how big they will be when full grown.  Failure in this area becomes especially noticeable when greenery is planted near the house.







When you look out the window to this view, you know it's time to do something about it.






Happily, Captain Sawzall is on hand to tame the overly verdure.



3 comments:

  1. Lovely shots!

    Many years ago my grandparents bought a farm. The farmhouse was surrounded by thick evergreens in a line that pretty much formed a perimeter around the place, at a distance of say twenty or thirty feet. My dad suggested they cut them down. My grandfather decided not to, figured there was a reason for them.

    That winter they found out why- the trees were a nice barrier against the wind and the snowdrifts out on the field, effectively insulating the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved to see the photos of your land. Big beautiful trees so different from what I have. What is that very green bushy tree that will soon take over your home !
    How are the ducks and the gud dugs ? I need to see a photo or two of them.
    Hope all is well with you and not too much rain.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your post good blog on site,Thanks for your sharing.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete