Monday, September 18, 2017

Adventures of the Updating Profile Pic, Part 2

Clearly, my visage isn't the star of the show.  Never was.  My mother took a pictures of me every year on my birthday.  Alas, there were probably two pretty good pics out of fifty.  My high school pictures had to be retaken because none of the shots were any good the first time around.  And that involved a professional photographer.  History paints a bleak picture.

What does all this mean for the future of my profile picture?  Well...






We could try random things that are pretty.






We could try random things that are disturbing.




Perhaps random things that have little meaning.





Speaking of disturbing and of little meaning.  Consider my "art".






Wait.  How about this? Self portrait without mirror.







Maybe this?  Self portrait with mirror.






Unfinished.  The result of trauma.  You'd be traumatized too if you discovered at such a late date that you had a WC Fields nose.





Maybe this would better.  Portrait of Malcom without mirror.




6 comments:

  1. The turtle works!

    I don't much like the way I look, which is why I'm rarely in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look terrible, you know this when your driver license photo looks better than you do.
    I have a photo of me using a Japanese green phone on some and a parsnip eating a carrot on others.
    I love when people put their gud pets or landscape shots.
    Malcom is very sweet.
    I like the one where you are hugging your sweet Lily or Fluffy the dog walker.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I've had just one good driver license photo! I've saved it in a drawer for years.

      I adore that pic of you on the green phone! Alas, I have no cool action shot like that. For my avi at a poultry discussion group I have a nice head shot of Lily.

      Thanks Parsnip. You've given me fun food for thought.

      Delete
  3. I'd go with Malcom.

    I have some excellent author photos, but none of them are current--not that I'd be the first author to use a twenty-year-old photo. For a while, I was using one of the images from my brain MRI as my Facebook profile pic. It has an "Out to Lunch" sign attached to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malcom. Yes. I may go with him.

      On the other hand, your MRI profile pic idea was a hoot!

      Now I'm thinking I may go wilder than Malcom... Thanks Norma.

      Delete